192.168.1.1 Admin Wireless Settings: The 192.168.1.1 IP address is mainly used by the D-link router, TP-Link router, and Linksys broadband routers. The other brands of network routers or home networks also use this IP as a gateway equipment. The network administrators will use this IP and do the 192.168.1.1 Admin Wireless Settings for an existing one. You can use this IP address to set up a new router or for a business computer networks. The other devices like a computer, printer or any other can be set up to use the IP for 192.168.1.1 admin wireless settings instead of a router. But this method may lead to the conflict in the IP addresses.
The IP address 192.168.1.1 is a private IP address that lies in the range from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255. So, today in this article, we will explain to you how to do the 192.168.1.1 Admin Wireless Settings on a router. Moreover, we also provide you the additional information of necessary modifications to reset the 192.168.1.1 admin wireless settings in the router. Therefore, go thoroughly through this page and make necessary changes in your router.
How To Do 192.168.1.1 Admin Wireless Settings of a Router
As a part of 192.168.1.1 Admin Wireless Settings, it is not always necessary to know the IP address of your router. You can easily find it by phones or other devices by its SSID whenever you are online. But when you want to set up a new router then you need to know the IP address. It is also useful when you are facing any troubleshooting problem on the home network.
You can connect to the router if it has an IP address of 192.168.1.1. You need to open the browser and type http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. It will you to login to the router administrator console, and you can access the configuration settings.
Sometimes the above process may not work. The reasons may be due to the following:
- The router may fail and become unresponsive to connections via any browser.
- Maybe the router is set up to use another IP other than 192.168.1.1.
- It also may be the reason that the computer and its browser are not working properly to join the network.
Reset The Router Through 192.168.1.1 Admin Wireless Settings
First, you need to open the web browser on your device and enter the IP address as http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar to get the interface of router management. Then the Login page open, where you need to enter the username and password as admin. Now, select the Setup Wizard and correct Access mode. There exist two types of modes. First one is PPPOE mode, and the other is Static IP address. So, we will explain you about the two modes briefly in the below section.
PPPOE: To access the internet, you can use the PPPOE which is the most common one. To get the access to the internet this PPPOE usees the dial-up method. It has a username and password to use.
Static IP Address: The ISP has a fixed IP address, DNS, gateway, etc. Moreover, the Static IP addresses are used by the fiber optic lines.
Setup a Name and Password to the Router for Wireless Signal
- First, click on the Setup Wizard-> Wireless Settings.
- Then we can see the channel, security options, mode, SSID and some other settings.
- The SSID is the name of the router that displays while people are searching for wireless signals. And you can also enter anything, or you can leave it by default.
- Then in the wireless security section, we need to select the wpa-psk or wpa2-psk to set router’s password. Normally, the wpa2-psk is better than the other.
- It is the password to your laptop or mobile to connect to the wireless router.
- If you do not want others to access your network, then you should choose the complex password.
You have to restart the device after following the above mentioned steps. Then you will get access to the management interface. Thus, the IP 192.168.1.1 Admin Wireless Settings can be done.