Router IP Address on Mac: Are you looking forward to upgrading the software of your router then you need to secure your wireless network with a strong password so you must know the exact IP address of the router to access various settings. The default IP address of the routers 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 and in some cases you might have changed the default IP address during the installation. And if you do not remember the IP address you have the two possible methods to get back your IP address of the router. The router will also be having the IP address, and we must know the username and password. And you must be aware of the login credentials to change the router settings.
Most of the router manufacturers use the default IP address, and this information is available on the back of the router and as well as in the users manual. And the easy way to find the router IP Address is that we can move over to the website of the router manufacturer and look out for the IP Address. And the easy way to know the IP Address of a router is that we must verify the system preferences in the Operating System, i.e., OS. In this article, you are going to learn about the Router IP Address on Mac.
Find Router IP Address on Mac
It is easy to find the Router IP Address on Mac device and hence follow the below steps to find the Router IP Address on Mac. These steps can also be useful whether your Mac is connected with an Ethernet Cable or it is a wireless connection over a Wifi Network.
- The first thing you have to do is open your Mac device and click on the “Apple” Logo and then click on System Preferences in the Drop down list.
- And a Window appears on the screen, and we have to choose the “Network” option.
- Now click on Wifi or Ethernet option depending on the router connection, i.e., via Wifi or Ethernet.
- There you can observe the router IP Address, for example, it is in the format of 192.168.1.1.
Log in to the Router on Mac
And if you know the IP address of the router then it is easy to log into the Router. Follow the below steps to Log into the Router on Mac.
- Open the Safari Browser or Chrome on your Mac.
- Next, type the router IP address in the address bar and click on it.
Note: There will not be any http:// in the IP Address
- Once you have done with the above step, you can observe the login screen. There you can enter the Username and Password.
- Unless you change the username and password, the username will be “Admin, ” and the password will be “Password” or blank.
How to a Change the Router Settings on Mac
Once you log into the router, you will have the complete access to the settings, and you can change the settings as per your requirements.
You have the possibility to change the Wifi Password or Username to secure your password from the hackers. And apart from the above discussion, there are also many advanced settings.